Friday, March 21, 2008

Levelling up with the Guild while earning my first totem training!

Here is the main tourist portrait I took of myself standing next to some voodoo masks at Sen'Jin Village.

Greetings Questing Initiates!

Last week, I embarked on several epic Quests! The time between documentation and Questing seems to be narrowing every week... So, enough of this petty introduction!

Here is...

THE HISTORY OF THIS MEGA (BUT NOT NECESSARILY META) QUEST...

At the crack of twilight, my good friends and Guildmates Sliz and Shacow woke me up at Razor Hill Inn just in time to continue last week's epic Quest. Questing is a great substitute for sleep!

Even though I live in a pre-modern era, I am still tempted to industriously watch the clock from time to time since I have to ensure that the quests could be finished at a reasonable hour. Even Shamans have to do Shiftwork!

Shacow's Earth Totem helps us recover from the damage faster in order to buy Sliz and myself enough time to lOOt a nearby Sailor.... Since this portrait was taken, we have now learned our lesson and will now aim to heal our ally rather than perpetually lOOt our enemy.

Here I am jumping in triumph, as my Guildmates have just slain the Lieutenant Benedict. While Sliz was around to bask in the glow of our newfound trophy with me, Shacow was aleady leaving Tiragarde Keep so as to keep up the pace for the next Quest... However, at the time this portrait was taken, we had successfully completed the Quest known as "Vanquish the Betrayers"! The Gods had showered darkness in my favour as I managed to ascend up the Unholy ranks to level 6. DING!

Unlike the lowly Sailor we lOOted earlier, it was Benedict himself that had the most interesting lOOt of the day. Inside his pocket was a key and Shacow already knew which chest this key would open. So, we used Benedict's key to open up this mystery chest and opened the "Aged Envelope" which contained the orders from the deceased Daelin Proudmoore which we used as the instructions for the next Quest.

Since our greed took the better of us, we decided to binge on a whole bunch of new Quests. In this portrait, we can see Gar'Thok offering us an additional Quest (not all Quests are documented in this posting) called "From the Wreckage"...

Due to our insatiable greed, we demanded that Gar'Thok give us one more Quest for the road... This one is called "Encroachment".

We were about to extort even more Quests from Gar'Thok until suddenly some high level
Alliance members invaded our Razor Hill compound (probably because they heard the Inn had decent beer on tap)... Since we had no death-wish that day, we decided to take a risk and ended up playing dead as a form of surrender...it worked! Laziness and cowardice actually pays off!


It took awhile to recover from playing dead...

Finally! Our "playing dead" ruse worked! Seconds after the high ranking Kevinl danced his humiliating victory dance, one of our own named Shmegmaliko snuck up behind his back and killed him for us. This portrait shows our saviour Shmegmaliko with his pet. This portrait also shows the slain Kevinl. In typical greedy Troll fashion, I desperately desired to lOOt Kevinl's corpse but I was too lazy and afraid to do anything about it! Arrrghhh!

Here is a somewhat sublime portrait of Shacow sharpening his blade to gain more tool power...

At last! We have discovered the Land of the Living known as Sen'Jin Village! I call this exciting pre-urban area the Land of the Living because I am used to it as being the Land of the Dead since the last time I was anywhere near Sen'Jin, it was in their cemetary.

In this portrait, I decided to tag along with Sliz while she received some Mage Training within the boundaries of Sen'Jin Village. Since I am not a Mage, I was only window shopping.

Well, we knew that the more Quests we accepted, the more likely we were to get at least one of them done and over with. Here we are settling up some Quest details with Master Gadrin.

Once again, I had the sudden urge to take a tourist portrait in Sen_jin Village. Here I am posing with a canopy of skulls. It was roughly in this area where we accepted the Zalazane Quest here.

Before we set off on our epic Quest through the Tropical Paradise known as the Echo Isles to find Zalazane's head, I took another nice group portrait in Sen'jin Village.

Here I am swimming towards the Echo Isles with Sliz and Shacow. I must admit that the water was crystal clear...splOOsh!

Here I am posing next to a slain tiger on the Echo Isles. This tiger was quite the fresh kill and but I cannot honestly say it was me who killed him.

Here is an action portrait of us fighting for supremacy against a Hexed Troll. I had no idea until this moment that not all Trolls were our automatic Allies. I guess it truly is a Troll eat Troll world, after all! So, if some Trolls are against us, who are they working for? And, if society at large considers the Horde to be "evil", is the Ars Virtua Guild considered to be only Neutral Evil in relation to them if they are leaning to be more Horde than the Horde itself? Perhaps this is not as complex as it seems if they have treasonous bonds with the Alliance.

Here is a similar action portrait except this time we have had to deal with a much more difficult duo of Voodoo Trolls.

Eventually, our other Guildmate Shivvy appears out of thin air (he was cloaked) to save us from the extra menace of the Bloodtalon Taillasher (actually, the creature was not that powerful).

It did not take that long before we managed to locate Zalazane himself. It was our goal to behead him for the Quest's cause.

Here is a portrait of us fetching Zalazane's lopped-off head.

Since we were on a roll, we also lOOted Minshina's Skull while we were in the neighborhood.

This skull boosted me to level 7 - I celebrated my newfound DING by posing once again as a tourist with a shark just before rushing off to combat some Kolkar Drudge Centaurs. Speaking of portrait shOOts, it was now time for some centaurism!!

Here is an action portrait in mid-battle a Kolkar Drudge Centaur...

Here I am buying some Totem Training from Swart the Shaman Trainer within the Razor Hill Barracks... This was part of my very first Totem training session...I earned spells to conjure both the Earth Shock and Earthbind Totems.

Phew! For the last portrait of this posting, we have Shacow and myself resting on a bed and hammock in the Razor Hill Inn...we will wait until our next office hours before cashing in on the Zalazane Quest... This Sunday is an Easter Sunday so what better day to hunt for more Quests!

FOR THE HORDE!

No comments: